It can’t be helped. Renovating your home or moving to a new apartment results in a lot of waste. The same goes for constructing a new home or cleaning out a house.
But sometimes, there’s a ton of waste to remove from the property. You have your trusty ute, but there’s no way you’d load all that rubbish and drive across Brisbane to the dump to dispose of it.
The solution? Hire a general waste skip bin from Speedy Bins.
At Speedy Bins, we have a wide selection of bins you can choose from to use and discard different types of waste. Although we also cater to transporting heavy waste, green waste, and soil, most of our customers just need to dispose of general waste.
You’re probably curious about what general waste constitutes. Here’s a handy guide.
General Waste: What It Is
Before we start, let’s define what general waste is and what it’s not.
General waste is rubbish you frequently find at home or at the workplace (offices, stores, etc.). Some construction waste can also be considered general waste. Let’s break it down further.
Household General Waste
- Discarded books
- Broken or old china
- Used clothing
- Old or stained linen
- Old bags
- Various ornaments
- Plastic containers and more
- Damaged furniture
Broken or old appliances can also be considered general waste. Here’s a handy list.
- Washing machine
- Coffee maker
- Desktop computers and laptops
- Air conditioning units
- Chest freezers
- Stacks of cardboard
- Printers and printer cartridges
- Paper (including notebooks, manuals, documents, and handbooks)
- Fax machines
The retail industry produces a lot of waste. If you work in this sector, here are some of the rubbish you can place and transport inside a general waste skip bin.
- Outdated or damaged merchandise
- Plastic hangers and containers
- Plastic and paper bags
Here are some of the construction wastes you can place in a skip bin.
- Concrete slabs and blocks
- Electrical wiring
- Scrap metal
What General Waste is Not
Here are the things you should never put in a Speedy Bins skip bin that is meant for general waste.
- Any type of food waste
- Car batteries and tyres
- Water or any liquid (including acetone, paint, solvents, petrol, and more). It doesn’t matter if the liquid is stored inside a safe container. We do not allow any type of liquid inside our general waste skip bin.
- Any construction waste that is made with asbestos
- Fire extinguishers
- Any hazardous chemicals
- Butane or propane cylinders (whether they’re empty or filled)
- Fluorescent lighting
Simply contact us if you wish to clarify whether something is allowed or not to be placed inside Speedy Bins’ general waste skip bin.
We have different bin sizes to cater to your needs. From small bins to large hook bins, we have them all. If you live in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast, get in touch with us today to see which one is perfect for your needs.